Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spicy Tomato Chutney

I wasn't really in the mood for some big dishes today as I had managed to cook up a late Capsicum Upma (recipe coming soon!) so I chose to have a paratha and curd rice with some tomato chutney. I have tried this sort of chutney just once before and I must say, it came out great yet again. This chutney goes well with anything so do try it out sometime!





Ingredients
Ripe Tomatoes - 6
Urad dal - 1 Tbsp
Methi Seeds - 1 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 Tbsp
Red Chilly powder - 1 Tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 Tbsp
Curry leaves - a few (chopped in half)
Dry Red Chillies - 3-4
Hing - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1 Tbsp
Salt - To taste
Oil - 2 Tbsps



Method
1. Heat the oil in a pan. Once it is hot add to it the mustard seeds,urad dal, methi seeds, hing, red chillies and curry leaves. Mix well.
2. To the mixture now add chopped tomatoes and mix well. Cover and cook on medium heat until tomatoes are well done.
3. Now add the red chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt and sugar to this mixture. Again, mix well and reduce the heat.
4. That's it! If you want no tomato lumps then chop the tomatoes real fine. I prefer mine with pieces of tomato that I can bite into, hence I made larger chunks when adding. Now cool and have it with any main dish of your choice.


Cheers!



..ShaKri..

No comments:

Post a Comment